Signature Academic Program
Digital Mass Media
As we prepare students for today’s interconnected, data-driven global economy, effective communication skills are ever more important.
Upper School Digital Mass Media Faculty
Gulliver Prep’s Digital Mass Media Signature Academic Program provide application of real-world skills through student-driven experiences in the areas of broadcasting, video, print, and online media platforms. This interdisciplinary program offers students opportunities to work in fast-paced, team-oriented, and deadline-driven environments. Students will take their experiences beyond the classroom as they work on projects for both internal and external clients. In addition, students who complete the program will have the opportunity to obtain professional industry certification.
- Principles of Journalism, Design, and Multimedia Production Honors
- Principles of Television and Video Production
- Multimedia News Production Pre-AP (Online News Site)
- Print Media Production and Graphic Design Pre-AP (Yearbook)
- Intermediate Television and Film Production
- Advanced Broadcast Journalism and Television Production Honors (RaiderVision News Broadcast)
Program Professional Associations
- Student Television Network PBS Student Reporting Labs
- Florida Scholastic Press Association (FSPA)
- National Scholastic Press Association (NSPA)
- Columbia Scholastic Press Association (CSPA)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- 2021 SNO Distinguished Site Badges for Story Page Excellence, Continuous Coverage, Site Excellence, Excellent in Writing, and Multimedia Excellence; Quill & Scroll International Journalism Honor Society Blue and Gold Multimedia Excellence Award: The Raider Voice news site
- 2021 Walsworth’s Gallery of Excellence — publisher national sample recognition: The Raider Yearbook
- 2020 CSPA Silver Crown Award: Reflections Literary Magazine, “Rise”
- 2020 SNO Distinguished Site Badges for Site Excellence, Excellence in Writing, and Multimedia Excellence: The Raider Voice news site
- 2020 CSPA Gold Medalist, NSPA All American, FSPA All Florida and Sunshine Standout Award (Best of the Best): The Raider Yearbook,“Truth”
- 2019 CSPA Silver Crown Award, NCTE REALM Contest Superior Rating, FSPA All Florida and Sunshine Standout Award, NSPA All American and Best in Show: Reflections Literary Magazine, “Threads”
- 2019 CSPA Gold Medalist, NSPA First Class, FSPA Gold Rating: The Raider Voice news site
- 2018 CSPA Silver Crown Award: The Raider Yearbook, “At the Heart of It”
- 2018 FSPA Sunshine Standout Award (Best of the Best): Reflections Literary Magazine, “Nexus”
- 2017 CSPA Silver Crown Award, NSPA All American, FSPA All Florida: The Raider Yearbook, “We Got This”
- 2015 CSPA Silver Crown Award: The Raider Yearbook, “Inside Look”
- 2012 CSPA Silver Crown, The Raider Voice news site
Students participate in a variety of individual competitions sponsored by local, state, and national scholastic press associations.
Digital Mass Media Gallery
Gulliver’s TV Broadcast Program
Gulliver’s broadcast curriculum explores the techniques, skills and specialized vocabulary used in the television and film industries. Students work in a team environment with a hands-on approach to operate complex technical equipment used in television production as well as video editing.